- When BurgerFi added self-service kiosks as a test, their average check size increased by 18.5%. Since this was a smashing success, they have incorporated kiosks throughout their chains nationwide. The kiosks were not meant as a way to replace employees, and that still holds true. Instead, it was to increase the customer experience and it has done just that.
Source: QSR Magazine. Read the full article here.
- Many food businesses are facing challenges with their food supply given recent events. During times like this, it’s important to be resilient and prepared. Here are a few ways to do just that:
– Use tech tools to manage your supply chain.
– Determine your suppliers’ backup plans.
– Rely on suppliers closer to home, when possible.
– Reduce food waste.
Source: FSR. Read the full article here.
- According to a recent report by Mckinsey, “a single prolonged supply shortage to manufacturing could wipe out 30% to 50% of a traditional company’s earnings. The current inflationary scenario is also in part due to supply chain shortages”. In order for companies to protect their manufacturing flow, increasing initial spend on research to create product design that accounts for a shortage while still achieving the same functionally will be key for success.
Source: Forbes. Read the full article here.