- According to recent research by The NPD Group, lower-income households, which are classified as under $75,000, are eating 89% of meals and snacks at home. 45% of these respondents shared that the cost of eating healthy food is a barrier for them. David Portalatin, NPD food industry advisor and author of “Eating Patterns in America, stated that “High food prices affect all consumers, particularly lower-income households”.
Source: QSR Web. Read the full article here.
- China continues to expand its dependence on Russian energy with purchases such as crude and oil products rising to $35 billion since the Ukraine war began. According to a recent article published by Bloomberg, “Imports in July included a record haul of Russian coal, which rose 14% on year to 7.4 million tons, with coking coal for the steel industry hitting 2 million tons, an increase of 63%. Russia is now China’s top supplier of the fuel, supplanting Indonesia after the Southeast Asian nation deterred buyers by raising prices”.
Source: Bloomberg. Read the full article here.
- It is now more apparent than ever that restaurants must ensure that their employees are having a good experience – especially when onboarding. According to a recent article published by QSR Magazine, “Nearly 70% of restaurant employees feel like they don’t receive enough hands-on training from managers.” Some considerations to keep in mind when onboarding a new employee are…
– Identify gaps in the employee experience and adjust
– Digitize and automate whenever possible
– Have the technology you have in place make work easier, not harder
Source: QSR Magazine. Read the full article here.