- The flexible packaging paper market is growing and is expected to be valued over $65.2 billion by 2029, according to Transparency Market Research. This large increase is due to the “growing awareness of the negative impact of using various polluting materials for packaging purposes.” Consumers now more than ever are looking for environmentally friendly, environmentally responsible, and long-lasting packaging.
Source: Digital Journal. Read the full article here.
- Over the past week, there have been some major global trade, shipping and logistic developments, including:
- Nearly 2,000 dockworkers at Britain’s largest container port are planning to strike for eight days this month after failing to reach a pay deal.
- While shipping in the Taiwan Strait did show signs of returning back to normal, China’s recent announcement of a new military exercise near the island leads to believe that there is still risk involved.
- China’s trade surplus increased to a new record as exports ended up growing faster than expected. This eased some concerns over diminishing global demand.
Source: Bloomberg. Read the full article here.
- Subway is expanding to Turkey! Subway and TFI Tab Food Investments, a leading quick-service restaurant in Turkey, have landed a franchise agreement effective October 1, 2022 to expand Subway into Turkey. The agreement includes over 400 Subway locations to open over the next seven years.
Source: QSR Magazine. Read the full article here.